Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Mr. T: Part 4

Worked on Mr. T a little bit more today:













































In order to really "see" your painting, all art professors will tell you to get up, stand far back, and take a good look. Sometimes with your nose up in your painting it can be hard to see how the parts function as a whole. For me, there is something even better: taking a photo with my phone. These small little photos flatten the image and help me see the entire thing at once. It is lovely.

For example, now that I am looking at the above photo of Mr. T, I can tell that the tufts of hair just to the left of the bow tie are not working as well as I thought when I had my nose buried in paint.

Things I would like to resolve tomorrow: more detail on the right side of his muzzle, finish his nose, finish his ears, and figure out what color I want the background to be. Technically I should have already figured that one out (shrug).

No comments:

Post a Comment