Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A New Beginning

Cousin is gone, urine is cleaned off the walls, carpets are overall cleaned of everything that was split, including any poop and pee, and my house no longer smells of putrescence. HA! Just kidding, kind of, a little bit, about the putrescence.

Don't get me wrong, I was more than willing to take care of cousin, and even when he turned nasty (starting when his family talked to him about moving home because he was healthy enough to travel, and we told him that he was free to stay but that we also felt it was important for him to go home), I still took care of him to the best of my ability. I gave it my all: every morning, every night, every 5am pain-pill-giving/poop-bag-changing opportunity, I was there. I make it sound like a one man gig, though myself, Husband, and my mother-in-law were all there. Not going to lie, the past couple of days I have been frustrated by the amount of care we gave him. He was so angry with us the last few weeks, and said and did hurtful things. To a degree I understand, because he wanted to stay here, but only to the smallest of degrees. If you had asked me four weeks ago if I would be sad to see him go, I would have said yes and no. Yes because I will miss him, no because taking care of him is hard. However, now it is simply a resounding no.

And so it is without a heavy heart that I clean him out of our lives. Husband is even happier to see him go than both his mom and me. Husband even got me a "sorry about all of this" present--turns out that I can be bought off :) The present is a new easel! Do we have the money after spending money on cousin (his family didn't help even after we kinda asked them to)? Maybe? Should we have spent it? Definitely not. Oh well! What is done is done.    

And here it is in all of its eco-friendly glory. It is made out of a super fast growing wood called lyptus. When the trees are harvested new trees grow from the stumps, and it is also a harder wood than oak. Making it a perfect wood for such things as easels. Wonderful!

Today was the first day I have been able to get back into the swing of things. I only drew today. Being out of practice, it took me longer to draw a prep for a painting idea than I feel it normally would have, but I was happy while doing it. Here is the drawing for a small 6"x6" board:

A red betta fish. I drew it on newsprint because for some reason my cheap free printer will not copy a drawing made on white paper. It is a mystery to me as to why. I made copies because I want to draw some different ideas on top of the fish. I am either going to incorporate geometric shapes such as done here:

Mike Reedy

or here:





















Louis Reith 

or some interesting color juxtapositions as seen here:






Jenny Morgan  

Tomorrow I shall pick one. Eventually I would like to try all three ideas, as types of mini paint experiments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment