Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Just Because: The Cutting of the Hair

My eight-year-old niece, Ms A, likes to cut things. Paper, her doll's hair, fabric, her own hair (she has done so twice), and now her sister's hair.

Meet three year old Ms. K:

Ms A gave Ms K a haircut today! Yay! (cough) Needless to say, Ms A got in BIG trouble. You can barely see it, but in the left side photo a big chunk of bang was cut right at her hair line, and there is a hole around the ear where hair used to be. The back was obviously also cut, and there is another section in the back where a small spot of hair was cut all the way down to the scalp.

The sad thing is that Ms K doesn't have a ton of hair as it is; her hair could take years to grow this back out. So, I went over to see if I could maybe make a fix or if this would take professional help. In the end we decided I should give it a try, and I am kind of proud of the finished product:

I switched which side her part was on, effectively hiding a little of the cut bangs as well as the cut hair around her ear. I cut about an inch and half off in the back to hide the mega slice, lightly textured it to hide the different lengths, and then angled the two sides to make it all look like it was done on purpose.

This was also the best photo I got, since Ms K is genius with her funny faces. One year old Baby J also got a little bit of a haircut from older sister, but it was not nearly as bad and I forgot to take a post-Tia (me) haircut photo of her.  

Oh man, am I excited to one day have some of my own... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment