Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Bear: Part 1

Back in January I was going to paint a grizzly bear with salmon all around him for a show at the Hogle Zoo, but some things happen the way you want them and others do not. Now, however, it is time for the bear to make an appearance.

Here is the idea: Bear with salmon in mouth, all painted "realistically," then above him two salmon intertwined into a ball. This could be really cool or really stupid. My default color is blue, always blue, and so naturally I said to myself, "I shall make the background BLUE!" Light blue in front, dark blue in the back, and then a light blue gradation over the ball of fish. I made myself a weak photoshop version of what I have in my head when the thought occurred to me, I could do something other than blue! But would I want to? Here are some options: 

Options 1 and 2:
Options 3 and 4:
Options 5 and 6:

Options 7 and 8:



Options 9 and 10: 

Options 11 and 12: 

Options 13 and 14: 

I think option 2 is my favorite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment