Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Just Because: Things for Buddy

I have recently been finding several things across the internets that I think my friend, Buddy, would particularly enjoy. Mostly because she is awesome and for some reason I feel like writing a post is better than an email, like I have left her a secret present. To see more about each, click on the title links.


Classical Sculpture Action Figures

I want one.

Portraits of Auto Mechanics in the Style of Renaissance Painting by Freddy Fabris 





Towering Wooden Set Pieces and Combustible Monuments by Manolo Garcia




I hope he made a lot of money on these things, I don't think I would be able to blow them up. 







Turns out that they were friends, who knew? Also, it never occurred to me that they would be contemporaries. I have these categories in my head, and I have dates and time periods for those categories, but sometimes I fail to associate the different groups. Like with Disney and Dali. 


Yep that is a photograph, not a painting. 

3 comments:

  1. A present for me! I am on my phone and can only type a quick comment now, but, yes! I know about the David action figure, the mechanics in Renaissance poses and the Dali clip, but not the others. That Klimt photo is crazy! I shall look more when I am on my computer and comment more later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had a chance to go through these links. These are amazing! I especially love the one of the church ceilings - those are some of the best photographs that I have seen of the Pozzo and Gaulli illusionistic ceilings. So cool!

    And Michelangelo's "Moses" on a monumental scale - that's amazing. Did he burn that one too? It didn't seem like he burns all of them, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if Moses did burn or not. It was definitely made for the Valencia festival, but who knows?

      Delete