Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Graphic Stuff: Cardinal and Drawing

Sunday was my birthday and it was super great. Art stuff is always a safe bet with me, and I scored on that front. Husband got me a new toy (an intuos tablet) and my friend, Buddy (who is pychic), got me two books. One on Charlie Harper and another titled Plants and Their Application to Ornament. I squeaked when I opened them.

The past two days I have been a little bit obsessed with my new things and did not exactly paint anything. I did however draw with my new tablet and I copied Cardinal by Charley Harper.




The one on the left is mine and his is on the right. The seed/leaf things in my book are green, but all I could find online were the black and white ones. Also my cardinal is a little on the fat side.

Below is a copy of a character design that I did in photoshop with my new tablet. PS, I am horrible at this but not bad enough to give up. So, you know, a silver lining.




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love your little cardinal, and I especially like the slight swoop of his crest to the left. It gives him a little bit of a personality. I'm so glad you like your gifts (but you're right, I'm psychic: I knew you would!).

    ReplyDelete