Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

Pronghorn: Part 2

I made a lot of progress on my pronghorn yesterday. It turns out that when I just allow time for certain steps to be completed before moving on, the whole painting thing goes much better. Here it is in its current state with some progress photos:

Obviously the green horns are a little too much. I think that I still want to go with the green, but add some cerulean blue to the mix to help it relate more to the pronghorns coloring (I have used cerulean throughout). 

The progress starts with the board already having been toned, image transferred, and the imprimatura already dry.  

Few things that I still need to do: background (of course), horns, and smooth out some parts around his mouth. Also, I think that the head is just slightly off center, towards the left. This bothers me, but well, a little too late now. Am I right? Right...

Oh, I forgot, here is a detail: 

I think my phone's camera must have had dust on it, because there are white speckles everywhere. Also, I am a little proud of his eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment