Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Bighorn: Part 2

I have not posted for a long time, and so to make up for it I provide lots a photos. Here are some progress photos for my bighorn:


This morning I realized that I needed to do some slight color correcting of the horn in shadow. The images above are the before and after that glazed color correction, and below is a detail.

And here is where I stopped today:


I haven't decided if I like it. Sometimes I think it looks cool and other times I think that I should just give up and I wonder what the point of it all really is. Things were not made better when I read this yesterday:

"Each day I go to my studio full of joy; in the evening when obliged to stop because of darkness I can scarcely wait for the morning to come..." 
                                                                                             - Adolfe-William Bouguerau

Well, thank you and up yours, Mr. Bouguerau... you annotated footnote in the annals of art history. Loser.

Actually I really like Bouguerau and I aspire to be a footnote. :)

I do like looking through the progress photos to see how the horns are starting to form. Things I still need to do: background (of course), finish off the horns, and glaze on top of the paint splatters. Almost done I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment