Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

My goals for the rest of 2014

This morning I spent a good amount of time thinking about applying to galleries and getting into shows, etc. All good things, but after doing a lot of web searching and getting very overwhelmed, I decided to slow down and figure out what steps I need to take in order to get to the point of showing in a gallery. I created a type of self-contract through the rest of the year. I hope to accomplish the following with my contract: one, get a solid body of work produced that I can truly call me, and two get my pet portrait website up and running. The contract is as follows:    

Oct - Nov: Complete 10 paintings to get my pet portrait thing up and off the ground a little bit. Here are my ideas:

    1. Zirker painting - Cat 
    2. Griffin painting - Fish 
    3. Siebach painting - Dog 
    4. Smith painting - Dog
    5. Autumn - Cat  
    6. Gershwin - Cat 
    7. Sebastian or Tink - Cat 
    8. Tungate painting - Dog 
    9. Raynes painting - Hedgehog 
    10. Thacker painting - Snake
That will make 3 dog, 4 cat, and 3 others. 

Dec- Jan: Complete a painting for the Hogle Zoo Art competition, due Jan. 19th. Work on two additional paintings of dogs. 

Side Project for Oct - Dec: 2 t-shirt designs
  1. Twin Geeks
  2. Other
I feel that this is a solid plan for the rest of the year. Let's see how much of it I actually get done. I really want to start pushing myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment