Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Gray Kitten: Part 3

Yesterday I got this far with kitten (not much further from the last time, but still):

Over the past two days I have stared at it more than painted it, oops, but I couldn't shake that I needed to add another color. There needed to be more!! By the end of the day yesterday I had decided that strawberries were the answer. I even had a good image picked out, but then I did this today:
















































I really like how the green finished off the color scheme, I may have also gone a little green leaf happy but I think I like it. Things to still do: finish the leaves, add the yellow stamen to the flowers, and finish off the background. If in the end a darker background does not make the kitten pop like I am hoping it will, I will also do a light glaze of zinc white, hopefully that will solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment